older posts

Show more

A Day for Daisies take two Challenge #72

Hi all, I have been playing with my A Day for Daisies images and am so loving them. This week they have a challenge on their blog (the second for June with new releases) that asks for crafters to add some nature...Well last time I played I pretty much stuck to the main type of images but after seeing some of the great creations, I went a little outside the box. Now bringing in nature can be animals, scenery, flowers you get the idea....once I started thinking in that line I had a ton of ideas. I just purchased this cute image..."flowers in the garden". I loved this little girl enjoying her flowers so I decided that was bringing nature...(or at least I hope it qualifies). Next I colored her up, cut her out and went searching for papers...

Here is what I came up with.....



Isn't she just the sweetest little girl? I used white card stock as my base and covered it with a layer of softly glittered dsp that has the texture of a soft, soft coffee filter. I found it in one of my travels a long time ago. I then cut out the background and side swirls with a nestie and blue vellum. The blue vellum was a bit too transparent so I cut another piece of paper to mount my little girl on. I used SU pearls to embellish the corners of the nestie as well as the swirls. I had so much fun playing with this image.

Thanks for stopping by....I hope you like my take on adding nature.

Until next time....
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Darlene said…
Oh. My. Stars!! How lovely!! Such soft, subtle colors and the delicate swirls are perfect framing the beautiful image! Carol, this is another gorgeous creation. Super sweet and definitely the right touch of nature!
kadie said…
Carol, this is absolutely STUNNING!!! You did such a beautiful job with this immie. LOVE IT!
~Paola~ said…
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh carollllllllllllllllll...I almost missed this beauty!!!!! what a wonderful, soft looking card this is...you did a super job in coloring this adorable image and yes, of course it's very...natur-al!!!♥