older posts

Show more

May 2016 DDD---"May Flowers"

It is once again time to get our duel on. This month our lovely hostesses were Terry L for the Dazzlers and Tami for the Divas. I love the kit that Tami sent. The image was from Red Rubber designs--Oh no she didn't and the DP from Cosmo Cricket. Tami also sent two dry embossed sheets of paper a green one with sizzix "Sugar" embossing and a red piece embossed with sizzix "dots and flowers" as well as a goodie bag with some very fun embellies. We also had a second challenge this month......inquiring minds would like to know what flowers we plant yearly--more on that to come.

For my card I colored the sweet little image with copic colors. I chose a sketch from SCS--SC 507 and went to work. I probably should have chose a different sketch where the image focal point was a bit smaller but I do like how this turned out. I loved the red embossed sheet and the polka dot dp the minute I opened my pack so worked around those colors. When I looked at the dimensions of the focal image at first it looked too top heavy with plain blue sky so I added the large yellow dot Tami sent along to represent the sun and the red ribbon trimmed in irredescent thread tied in a bow along the side, this way the sky didn't look so big. I used the yellow flower dp trimmed in red as an accent in back of the focal image and red layer but it doesn't show up much. A little bling added to the ribbon finished off my card. This month I didn't do the inside of the card but plan to with some of the scraps I have left after cutting this cute paper to make my card.....so here is my card:


I took the picture outside in the bright sunlight but somehow it didn't capture the true depth of the colors.

For the second challenge...when I lived in a home where I could plant flowers, every year without fail I would plant dahlia's right to the side of the entrance of the house. I loved the flowers and would most years plant more than one color of dahlia. Some years I would plant the same color but not very often as the multi colored garden made my heart sing.....It really cheered up the front of the house and I really loved to look at them. One home I had a large raised garden in the back of the house that I planted so that it would have flowering colors from early spring to fall. That was a pleasure to look at as well. I now live in a townhome and we can't plant outside the house but I plan on doing some container plants on our deck to add some cheer when we sit out there or just look out the sliding glass door.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you have a chance please stop by the other duelers. I am certain you will not be disappointed they are a really creative group of ladies.

Until next time.

Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Judy McMullen said…
Carol, what a delightful card! Great design...So dynamic using angled panels of those fab papers and that darling and perfectly colored image and love your sun with the big button!! Fabulous idea to plant flowers in containers on your deck...You'll love it!!!
Carol, your card is so cute... love the sky with the sun in it. And the angled pieces add such a fun element to the card as well. Lovely!

Your flowers of the past sound gorgeous. I'm hoping you'll love your container garden on! the deck soon.
Barb said…
What a pretty card Carol. I love the sketch that you used and adding the sun is just perfect! Love all of the colors and I can just image the stunning flowers in your past homes!
kadie said…
I LOVE it!! Great card, Sweetie. I was wondering how to use that giant yellow embellishment--I should have known you would have the perfect idea! :) Fantastic angles too! I will think of you when I see Dahlias now ♥
:: BlueInks :: said…
Carol, you added so many cute elements to your card! I love the idea of the epoxy sun - never thought of that! You know I am all in favor of you planting some cute flowers in a pot to look at out the window! LOL
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
What a ute card carol ~ Love the little sunshine!
Terry Andress said…
I love the bright sunshiny card Carol! I love all the angles too!