older posts

Show more

DDD May 2019 Motorcycle/Masculine

Hi All,
Welcome once again the the DDD challenge. This month Shelly was the hostess for the Dazzlers and I was for the Divas. Shelly and I started talking about the duel a couple months ago. Our last go round I picked the theme so I thought it only fair Shelly picked this time. We threw out several ideas and Shelly came up with motorcycles. (Great idea Shelly). See the kit details below.

The image is from the hot red classic collection from bombshell stamps. 

The DSP papers all come from Hobby Lobby with the exception of the lighter colored map which is from JoAnns .

All the embellishments came from HL with the exception of the little motorcycles. They came from a button collection from JoAnns. I cut off the little knob on the back.

The ribbon is from my collection and the suede is from a roll of suede rope I got from HL

When I think of motorcycles I usually associate them with the Freedom Riders or a patriotic theme. I also think of leather, chrome and travel. So in sending this kit I put in some suede rope, a handmade american flag I made from ribbon and most of the dsp was either leather looking or travel of some type.

Here is the front of my card:

My card is rather simple but I didn't want too much on it. The cycle is colored with colored pencils and then I have put wink of Stella over the whole thing. It is shiny in real life but not too shiny. 
I used the nail tip embellies along with a red star button to accent the corner. I also raised the motorcycle up with mounting tape and the flag as well.

Here is the inside:

I used some scraps from the front and mounted at an angle to complete the inside of the card. 
Something different for me.

I want to thank you for stopping by and be sure to stop at all the rest of the duelers blogs and see their creations. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
Goodness how I love your card!!! I love your masculine textured DP, the map DP, the motorcycle button- go figure!!! Wonderful layout too! How I love that you added an American Flag!!! Awesome Dual- loving all of the cards I am seeing! Really love the sentiment your team is using!
terry serman said…
Very cool card. Great job cutting out the motorcycle and I love the American flag.
Donna said…
Carol, this is awesome! I love the angle of your paper and how the map peeks out. Love the flag and the patriotic theme too. Wonderful duel!
Barb said…
WOW--I love this card. Your design is perfect and I love all of the elements that you used. Great Kit--thanks so much for sending it to us!
Carol, your card is so fun - love the flag flying along with the motorcycle. ;) I also love the way you colored the motorcycle! And what a great way to use the map DP!
I'm really impressed by your homemade flag and the bend you put in it to represent movement. Wonderful work!
MiamiKel said…
wow Carol - what a gorgeous card! I love the kit and theme you both sent to us to play with and we just rolled into crafty fun with it! Your card and the design is splendid - the homemade flag - so stinkin' cute! What a wonderful memory this must have created for your dh to see the motorcylin' goodness! Thanks for your fun kit and for being YOU!! xx
:: BlueInks :: said…
Great kit and theme for May Carol, thank you. Your card turned out really fun. You were able to use some of the kit contents I did not - love seeing how you did that.

Terry Ladwig said…
LOVE your ribbon flag!! This is a great masculine card Carol!!
HeatherB said…
Great card! I love what you did with the flag. And, the inside is perfect.