older posts

Show more

JULY DDD-Christmas in July



Hi all, I'm here and it is still the 15th. I made my card but ran out of time last night as I was trying to get everything ready for work today....Anyway enough of that. This months our wonderful hostesses were Debby for the Darlings and Suzy for the Divas. Being they are sisters they got together at Christmas and went shopping for our kits scoring with sales to boot. I'm sure they had a ton of fun. The theme they chose was Christmas in July.

Suzy sent us the following in our kits:

Image: SU Christmas Lodge3

DSP: Ornamental Christmas (The Paper Studio)

Embellishments: Ribbon, snowflake sequins, snowflake die cuts and bling.

Along with the supplies to make Christmas cards Suzy and Debby asked us include a recipe that we make at Christmas time. Fun, fun, fun and I'm sure there are some yummy recipies on the blogs.

My card is relatively simple but when I saw the great papers Suzy sent along I just had to go with the card I made. The paper I chose had Christmas trees on it and the lodge seemed to fit right between two of the trees. To me is was perfect. I didn't want to use the whole tree dsp as the full back ground so I paired it with the polka doted paper using the green ribbon to separate the two papers. I fuzzy cut the lodge and mounted it so it would pop up. I also cut out the Christmas sentiment and mounted it on the Cherry Cobbler SU paper and then mounted this with mounting tape. It all came together pretty quickly. Here is my card:





I'm so bummed. I had a good picture I had taken in good lighting and I thought it had been saved to my blog but alas it wasn't. I wasn't very happy when I found that out so had to take another one and honestly it doesn't look good. Maybe when I get to work I'll try and swap it out.  ( I changed out the picture this is the better one.) On to the second challenge......


When my girls were little and they went to daycard we got a newletter home and it had this recipe in it. I thought I'd try it and it has become a family favorite at christmas (only at Christmas though so it is a treat). My father in law put that rule into effect right after tasting them. LOL. My neighbor like
them so well I would make them for him and then some for his wife and wrap his up with Christmas paper and give it to him at Christmas. One Christmas i put the peanut clusters in a shirt box and wrapped tissue paper around the treats so he immediately thought it was a shirt, He was so bumbed when he opened the package until he pulled the tissue paper away. He was grinning from ear to ear when he discovered I hadn't forgotten how much he loved the peanut clusters. He promptly jumped up and ran into the other room and hid them. He would only share them with a certain few people and only one a piece.(That was when I started giving his wife a package as well.)

Peanut Clusters
2 pounds white candy
coating, coarsely chopped
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts

In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating and chips until melted and smooth. Cool for 10 minutes; stir in peanuts.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Please take some time and visit the other Deulers I am sure you won't be disappointed.


Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

terry serman said…
This is so pretty! Love the house placement on the dsp!
Carol, your card is a true beauty... and that recipe! Yum! I going to need to try to make them this Christmas, if I don't forget. ;)
Barb said…
Carol--your card is stunning! I love how you colored the house and the layout is pretty!
Such a wonderful card, Carol. Your use of trees from the DP is so unique and well planned out. Your colouring is awesome too :)
Donna said…
With the trees framing the lodge it just jumps off the page. I love this idea. Perfect for your card. Great job with this kit!
aussie aNNie said…
Hi Carol, love your card, it's really pretty.x
:: BlueInks :: said…
I love how you used the DP for the trees in the scene you created! Cherry Cobbler SU paper - my stuff is so old I don't even have that color! LOL The recipe sounds yummy!
Shelly Schmidt said…
How pretty to let the house have a backdrop of the trees from the DP- I so love this pretty card!!! Beautifully done. And, your recipe sounds quite yummy!
HeatherB said…
I love how you cut the house out. It's perfect!
MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol! This is perfection! Your snowy house is just as beautiful as can be - and the paper, card design, oh I am in love! This must be what your house looks like in the winter :) STUNNING ♥
Terry Ladwig said…
Wowsers!!! This has to be my favorite of all the cards for this round!!!! This really is awesome!