older posts

Show more

June 2020 "A heart full of roses"

Hi all welcome to our monthly duel. Our hostesses this month are Darlene for the Dazzlers and Judy for out team the Dazzlers.

This is what Judy wrote explaining their kit:


Darlene and I have chosen “A Heart Full of Roses” for our June 2020 card kit theme. We know that Roses are the flower for June birthdays. Yes, Roses have been chosen for past June card kits. We love our flowers and roses, especially, are so fitting for so many occasions whether it be for a birthday, weddings, an anniversary, get well wishes or just thinking of you. Another reason for this theme is that Darlene and I both agreed that we could find many items in our current stash of stamps, papers and embellishments to include in this kit without having to leave home to purchase. I’m hoping you enjoy creating with the items I’m including in this kit:

Stamped Image: retired rose stamp by Inkadinkado ( 2 stamped in Tuxedo Black Momento, 1 embossed with Black Detail embossing powder)
Designer Paper: “Beautiful Dreamer” Imagine Collection by Graphic 45;
2 Pink/green papers from Premium Stack by DCWV;
yellow rose by Maggie Homes “Bloom” by Crate Paper;
embossed pink cardstock by Cuttlebug “Once Upon a Princess” embossing folder

Embellishments: sequins and buttons from “Rose Garden” by Lilac Lane; green pearls by Kaisercraft; white pearls by Studio g; pink rhinestones, paper roses , ribbons and baker’s twine from my long-time stash.


When I got my kit from Judy I immediately took out the image and started thinking about what colors to color the rose. I colored up a couple of the images and started thinking about how to make my cards. I made my first ever tall and skinny card. I looked for measurements and card sketches and found one I liked. This is the first card I made.


I colored my rose with colored penils and gamsol. I used the strip of rhinestones to add an extra pop to the angled layer on the front.  On the inside of the card I used one of sentiment images that were included in the kit as you can see here:
For my second card I chose to make a regular A2 card. I really liked the dsp on this card. I had dsp and embellies left over from the first card and I had already colored the 2nd image with colored pencils and gamsol. I fussy cut the rose out and used a layout that had an angled split in the dsp. I mounted the image with mounting tape and tried to center it in the middle of the card. Here is my second card.


Judy had included some pretty white specialty ribbon that I used to trim the cutting lines in the dsp. I used two of the pretty pearls to accent the rose. Pretty simple but I was pleased with how it turned out.

Thank your for stopping by. Please take time and stop by the duelers blogs and see what they have created. from their kits. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

WOW! Two fabulous cards, Carol, each one so unique! You did an outstanding job with this month's duel!
Suzy Sprague said…
Beautiful cards, Carol! Lovely coloring of the roses. The two different size cards adds to the creativity this month. Great job!
terry serman said…
Both of these are beautiful! I like the diagonal cut...I will have to try that!
Barb said…
WOW--your first slimline card and it rocks! Great Layout with the papers and image! Great Colors too. Sweet second card too!
Judy McMullen said…
Wow! 2 stunning cards, Carol! Love the unique design on the tall skinny card...very clever!! Oh, the second card is so beautiful too with the split angled papers and embellished with the ribbon. Your roses are so beautifully colored with pencils and gambol! Gorgeous!!!
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning cards plus the fabulous image, colours and design... xx
Shelly Schmidt said…
Whola- beautiful cards! I love your rose image, so beautifully colored and love your tall slimline card- and great layout. Your 2nd card very traditional and love the diagonal layout. Great duel and beautiful cards!
Lovely work on your tall card. I still haven't done one of those, and you're a natural. Very intriguing second card.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Oh Carol! I've never seen the "Tall and Skinny" card design before!
What a perfect way to show off the beautiful rose and that gorgeous paper. Your second card is a stunner too. Nicely done!