older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies May 2021 "Going to the Chapel"

Hi all, today is the day we post our Classy Card Ladies challenge. This month I was hostess for the Diamonds and Shelly was the hostess for the Pearls. Shelly and I connected  and thought about a theme. We decided to try a theme based on a song. After a little thought and check of our stamps we decided on "Going to the Chapel." June is a big month of weddings so this fit in really well. Thank you Shelly for being my partner it was so much fun chatting with you on the phone. 😄 In addition to our kits we asked that everyone make a skinny card. This posed a double challenge for me as when I cut the paper for the kit I had to be mindful of the way I cut the paper, I do hope all the Diamonds got the correct amount of paper. I have not made alot of skinny cards so struggled with that as well. Once all the kits were done the Post Office threw in another glitch as the kits weren't delivered to Kelly and Suzy so I re-sent kits but they were not the full kits (I hope the first ones arrived). Here is what the kit contained:

Your kit includes:
Image:: Colorado 3 craft Co lovely legs "Happy forevering" stamp set Image and seniments
DSP : American Craft White glitter--Opulant opal --White Glove --pearl linen----The color of memories flowers and Bazzill--black on black dots
Ribbon: Snug hug seam binding--blue white and black--Black Sheer Michaels Celebrate it--Lace Joanns
Embellishments misc from my stash --some from g studios.

I love this image from Colorado 3 Craft Co. I colored my image with copics and of course I added a little chuncky glitter to the brides dress and boquet. Since I had colored the flowers on the dress and the vest on the tuxedo a blue purple, I chose a shimmery lavendar purple paper for the base of my card. I then used an old SU corner rounder to rounded the corners on each layer to give a different look. I took the congratulations sentiment and cut it down and backed it with black and mounted it over the image a bit and added a sprinkling of pearls to complete my card.  Here is my card;


I want to thank you for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to stop by the other Classy Card Ladies and see their creations. I am sure you will not be disappointed, These are some very talented card makers.

Until next time,
Hugs,

Carol
Hugs,

Comments

Carol, your card is gorgeous! I love the Colorado Craft Company image you used for the duel. It is so elegant!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, you really sent out a beautiful image for the Diamonds to work with! Your coloring is exquisite! Everything is so pretty.
Suzy Sprague said…
Lovely card, Carol. The background paper you used is perfect for this image. Beautiful coloring.
aussie aNNie said…
Gorgeous card, but now I am singing that song in my head....stunning colours. xxx
Oh what a beautiful card Carol - love the tone of blue you used, and that sparkly paper on the white layer is perfect.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Donna said…
Carol, what a wonderful card! I love that image and your coloring is gorgeous! Great theme! Very creative and timely. I'm sure everyone loved the kit! Hope all is well. We are currently in Boston visiting out sons who we haven't seen in almost 2 years. Heading back to Indiana tomorrow morning. Sad to go but ready to get home and see our grand twins. Missed them a lot. Take care!
Tracie said…
Such a beautiful wedding card. I love how you colored the flowers on her dress.
MiamiKel said…
OH my goodness Carol! This is a gem! I love your coloring of the image and the florals on the dress just pop! This was such a beuatiful kit and theme and I'm so grateful for you!!! This will be a hard act to follow in June for me! :) Hugs!
Barb said…
Carol--this card is beautiful. I love the slimline theme this month and you sent us such a sweet kit. Great coloring of the image.