older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success November 2021



The idea of Hot Mess  Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success! Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything is a bit messy. We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.

Hi all, today is the day we post our hot mess success creations. Today I chose to use a stencil and distress oxide ink.  I used the memory box heartwood stencil. On the stencil I used Pixie spray to stick the stencil to the paper then used Tim Holtz pumice stone and wild honey oxide ink to ink to the stencil. Once I had the first layer on I went back over it to darken up the colors just a tad. I used a plain white layer for my card base and then added a black layer, the stencil layer and a die cut  cutout in black paper to layer my image (Unity -Life touches) on top of the the stencil layer. I colored and hand cut out my flower image from Unity and popped it on the die cut. I did get messy as I was babysitting my granddaughter when I made the stencil part of the card. I used my Taylored Expressions brushes to apply the ink. I was thinking since they had a longer handle on them it would keep my hands clean when making my card but NOPE....I was still a mess when I got done.

Here is my card:

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other hot mess blogs and see the creations they have made. They have wonderful creations using some different techniques. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs
Carol 

Comments

What a stunning card Carol - well worth the messy hands :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous and great colour combo. x
Well, that's what you get for thinking. LOL! Longer handles don't seem to help me stay clean either. Your card is so pretty, Carol. I love those flowers!