older posts

Show more

DDD July 2022 Mrs. Santa The strength behind Santa

Hi all. Today is the day we are posting our DDD cards. Tracie was the hostess for team Jeanette and I was the hostess for Team Kelly.  This is the kit I sent our team 


As we all know behind every really successful person there is a person of with strength working in the background. I personally think Mrs. Claus gets lost in the crowd every year but I bet she is right behind Santa urging him on to be the best person he can be. When Christmas arrives you hear alot about the elves, the angels, the reindeer and of course Santa but not too much about Mrs Santa. I am sure she is busy baking cookies, supervising the packing of the sleigh and of course making sure Santa has everything he needs as he gets ready to deliver all the goodies on Christmas Eve. So, we are honoring Mrs. Santa this month. In addition to your kit creation we would like you to share your favorite Christmas treat recipe.The kit contains:


Image : CC Designs " Mrs Claus "
DSP: misc papers by Paper Studio
Ribbons are from my stash - purchased at Anchor Paper years ago
Misc embellies from my stash    

For my card I used a basic black cardstock and built my card from that. When I  first saw this image I fell in love with it and colored her up right away. I used 3 of the pieces of cardstock from paper studios. I used colored pencils to color her up and used stickles to pop some of the parts of the card stock and image. I also used the red and black rhinestone border . Inside I used the holly jolly christmas sentiment mounted on black and accented by a candy cane. Here are pictures of my card:



In addition to our cards, we are attaching a favorite/tried and true Christmas treat recipe. Mine is crisp white rolled cookies. This is one of my grandma's recipe's and we use it every Christmas and sometimes in-between.

Crisp White Cookies

1 Cup Crisco                3 Tblsp milk
1 tsp salt                       1 egg
1 1/4 Cup sugar            1 tsp soda
2 tsp vanilla                 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour

Mix all ingredients together.  Take your cookie batter and divide into a working ball. On a floured flat surface roll out the batter and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place in 350 degree oven and bake until slightly brown on the bottom. Remove from oven, let cookies cool and then decorate with frosting-sprinkles or whatever your family likes.

My family and extended family love these cookies.

I hope you like my card and recipe this month. Thank you so much for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Please take a little time and stop by the other duelers. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 

Comments

Barb said…
Love you card Carol! I really like how you showcased so many of the sweet patterned papers you sent to each of us! And, of course the sweet bling too. Mrss. Claus is a cute image and a fun theme this month. Thanks for sending us such a cute kit!
Carol, thank you for hosting this month! The theme is wonderful - and your card is so cute! Sweet image! Your cookies sound delicious, too!
Lorraine said…
Such a fun theme and you made a cute card! The cookie recipe sounds yummy!
Tracie said…
Great card Carol and I can't wait to try your recipe.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Awesome layout, love the black panels that frame the DPs, such a great touch. She is a really sweet Mrs. Claus, I can see why you fell in love with her! Thanks for such a fun theme this month.