older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success November 2022

    



Here I am again late. Seems like that is what my mom should have named me. This challenge was created by Kelly and was at first just Barb, Jeanette, and Kelly. The group has been added to with  Darlene, Terry and myself. Kelly is taking some time off and if she has a chance will be stopping by when she can.


First of all I have to admit to being a messy crafter as I don't have all my tools in one place. That being said it makes it a challenge to decide what to do. This month I tried a new technique to me, and I have to tell you that my card is finally using the 3rd attempt as I had to adjust it to work.🤔 The instructions said to use a "special" Tim Holtz paper so I took out my paper I use with alcohol inks. You were then supposed to ink up the front of the paper with 3 different oxide colors in the same color family. I did that and dried the ink in between applications. WELL that didn't work on the paper so I have got the another piece again no luck. So I used a different paper and it did ok. (Will have to try a shiny white paper next time) Anyway one the colors were on and dry you were supposed to emboss with gold and then color in your images (I used water colors) . It turned out OK but when I do this again I will be trying other options.

Here is my card:





Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other blogs. I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Until next time,
Hugs
Carol


Comments

Barb said…
This card is so pretty--and colorful. Worth the Wait my Friend!
What a wonderful colour of the background you achieved with your inks Carol - love the gold embossing over it. I look forward to seeing how you use the technique in the future
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, your card is gorgeous - so elegant! I think it's great that you didn't give up; instead trying the technique again and again! Well done!