older posts

Show more

Hot mess = Success May 2023

Hi all yesterday was the day for our hot mess  cards. Let me tell you my card was involved with several messes. I had my post almost done, as I took pictures yesterday morning. After getting my post almost done my  computer cut out and the post disappeared. I went back in to start again and it had saved,I was so excited. As I finished the computer the computer blacked out and shut off.  My post was totally gone . I was going to re-do the post last night but on the way home from babysitting a guy ran into the back of my vehicle in the midst of road construction. I was a bit flustered and didn't get back to my post. .....so here it is a day late. Sorry. 

I was going to try the alcohol lift technique and did so with the alcohol and watercolors. Neither  worked out but the watercolor background appeared to have the most potential so after applying the color  to the watercolor paper, I attempted to lift the color by applying water to the stamp. I brought the wet stamp down, lifted it directly up and what to my wondering eyes did I see??? A blob of white in somewhat the shape of the stamp but not at all what I was expecting. So now what. I dried off the water color paper and brought out my versa mark. I stamped the image with the versa mark and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then added some random gold stickles on the  front Panel.  I  mounted the image panel on yellow sparkle paper and then on black cardstock.  I salvaged the card somewhat and will be trying this technique again. I think I may have missed a step or something....but we will see.  
 
Here is my card:




Thank you so much for stopping my blog today. I really do appreciate it. Please stop by the other Success members blogs I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

Oh Carol, what a day!! So sorry to hear that you were 'rear ended' to top off a difficult day.
Love the way you turned your card panel into a gorgeous background - a great result in the end.
Can't say I have tried the ink lifting technique with alcohol inks - tried it once with water reactive inks and a stencil, and it was passable...
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Very pretty card with those stunning colours, what a great design x
Carol, I am so sorry you had such a rough day. Sounds dreadful - but your card isn't dreadful. It is very pretty!