older posts

Show more

Christmas in July 2023- Creative Crew

 Hi all, I'm finally here. A day late but here. This month our lovely hostess is Jeanette. She sent us a wonderful kit for Christmas in July. So much fun to work with. I must apologize for being late. I received my kit and colored the grinch right away. Before I got to creating life got in the way so I will be playing catch up for a bit here. 

Ok so on with the post. Jeannette's kit contained CC Designs image "green one". Sentiments from TE, Cracker box and DC designs. DSP was from Recollections and My Minds Eye along with misc  ribbons and embellishments.

I used a basic black card stock for my base and worked from there. First I used a subtle red DSP for my background. I then  took two of the the designer papers and mounted them on black and set them at an angle on the base. I cut my image out with a die cut and mounted it on a die cut piece of black. I mounted my image on the two angled pieces of DSP. Jeanettes 's kit included a Christmas tree brad with two slits in the brad. I took a piece of the ribbon and threaded it through the brad and added a few random rhinestones. On the inside I took some of the scraps and made corners for the plain white paper. Here is my card:









Jeanette also asked us to share our favorite thing about Christmas. Since I was born we have always celebrated our immediate family Christmas on Christmas day. It included my moms mom her brother and all of us kids. With the passing of my grandma, my uncle and my parents the tradition has continued on with my brothers  sisters, spouses, children and their children's  children. It is a wonderful time. It is usually hosted by one of us or one of our children. There is always a great turn out and enough of food to feed an army. Tons of fun, lots of laughs and catching up with what everyone has been up to. A real blessing....

 Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other creative crew blogs I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

What a wonderful card Carol - so different to all the others with your layout, and the way you used the papers. A gorgeous finish inside also.
I know about life getting in the way - happens here Down Under also
Blessings
Maxine
Oh my goodness... this is so cute, Carol! I love how you blinged it up with all the treasures and glitter too. Fun fun FUN card!
Barb said…
What a fun card Carol. I really like how you used the patterned papers and the brad! Well Done!
Lorraine said…
Great job - you used so much of Jeanette's fun kit!