older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies Jan 2021 First challenge "Winter Fun"

 Hi all, Today is our first challenge of the new year. We were formerly the Dueling Darlings and we celebrated our 10 year anniversary last year. After our birthday celebration last year  there were a few changes made. The first thing was the change of the name of our group. We all voted and the new name is the 'Classy Card Ladies" and our groups are now the Pearls and Diamonds. I was a Diva and now I am a Diamond. I'm excited to once again start our duels. This month our kits were put together by our leaders Jeanette for the Pearls and Kelly for the Diamonds. The theme for our first challenge is "Winter Fun". Kelly sent a wonderful kit. filled with all kinds of goodies. 

Images: Gerda Steiner Designs Snow Angels--DSP:Recollections Paper pack Crystal Blues winter pack. Misc embellishments  Ribbons from Hobby Lobby and Michaels --and die cut snow frame from Lawn Fawn lawn cut. 

I had so much fun with this kit. The images were adorable and fun to color up. I loved the frame Kelly sent and the dsp was cute and hard to chose from. I colored my images with colored pencils and mounted two of the images on mounting tape and the little bird was mounted on a bobble spring so he moves back and forth appears to be making a snow angel.  I took the let it snow sentiment and mounted it on one of the other dsp and mounted it in the corner. I added glitter to the little hills on the die card and on the images as well as on the background snowflakes. I placed the gem snow flake off to the side on the blue background. I also put mounting tape behind the little hills to make them pop out a bit. 

Here is my card: 


I hope you like my card. I had so much fun making it. Please take a few minutes and stop by the other Classy Card Ladies blogs and I am sure you will be impressed with their card makings skills and creativity.

Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 

Comments

aussie aNNie said…
What an adorable card, love the design and cute images used, so adorable and colour is gorgeous. xxx
Barb said…
This is so sweet. I love that you used the die cut frame for the background with this sweet images. Cute layout! I am excited to join you for another year!
Adorable!!! Your snowbank filled with snow angels is just too cute. It makes me want to go out and play in the snow like I did as a youngster. Carol, I'm so glad you're on this winter fun adventure with us!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
What a sweet card Carol! Looks like great minds think alike! :)

Love you - LJ
Tracie said…
Such an adorable scene. Cute images.
Shelly Schmidt said…
So very fun and love the snow hills , the glimmer and the action wobble is so very fun! Beautifully done and a great first duel for 2021!!!
Donna said…
Carol, what an awesome card! Love the images Kelly included in your kit. Great design!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Absolutely adorable!!! I just love these guys and your sloping snowy hills are so perfect. Totally nailed this duel!
MiamiKel said…
Carol, love love LOVE your card! The detail and the Carol glitter - so sweet! I'm so glad you are on this journey with us in 2021! Hugs!
Oh what a gorgeous card Carol - love the wee creatures and how you have them making snow angels - I am sure it must be such fun IRL with the bird moving! Love the dimension that you have achieved too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Suzy Sprague said…
Very cute card, Carol! I like all the critters you used for the snow fun. Very sweet!