older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies July Challenge 2021 "Clouds"

Hi all .Today is our challenge post for the Classy Card Ladies. Our wonderful hostesses are Jeanette for the Pearls and our own Kelly for the Diamonds. The theme this month is Clouds. Kelly sent a very cute and fun kit which included a ton of fun toys.  The image is from CC Designs  called Unicorn and Rainbows along with cute matching DSP cloud frames and die cuts from Scrappy Tales and misc bling and ribbon from Kelly's stash.

I had a really hard time deciding what to use for my card as I loved all the fun items. I finally decided to use the dark blue cloud frame.I used two pieces of cardstock for the background of the image and split the dsp with two pieces of ribbon. I mounted my sweet little girl (colored with copics and colored pencils) on pop up dots and cut out the sentiment that I liked and mounted that on pop up dots as well. I then took some sequins that were included in the kit and scattered them around the sentiment. The jury is still out on how much I like this card but I had fun. Thank you Kelly for the awesome kit.

Here is my card:


The picture isn't great but the  backing dsp is light and matching. 

The second part of the challenge was to answer the question....what's the best cloud you remember seeing?

As a kid I used to lay on the lawn and look for images in the clouds as well. I still do but not laying on the lawn. The best cloud I remember seeing was after my mom died. I was driving home from helping make arrangements and being the oldest of 6 I felt I needed to be strong for many so hadn't started my own grieving process. I was listening to a CD and my moms favorite song came on, the large cloud above me parted and sun rays came through that split. The rays were so bright and were shining right on me. I was stunned and ended up crying the rest of the way home listening to her song and processing the loss of my mom. I still miss her and will never forget the beautiful cloud and sun rays.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. If you get a chance please stop by the other classy ladies blogs. I'm sure you will not be disappointed in their wonderful creations.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol


Comments

MiamiKel said…
Oh Carol, I'm wiping away a tear as I see your story of the parting clouds and sun rays - her sign to her sunshine, you <3 Your card is SO sweet! I love that you went with the blue frame - so very you! Gorgeous coloring and a sweet, happy card! Squishy cloud hugs!
Barb said…
First--what a sweet story. I am sure your mom was comforting you.. You card is so sweet--love the two pieces of patterned paper. The blue frame is very pretty.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol...what a lovely card - and such a sweet story!! Thanks for sharing the story! Both warm my heart. I love that gorgeous cloud frame and it works perfectly on your card!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Your card is so very sweet! Darling image and love the frame and coloring and sequins. Your sweet story- your mom- each time you see the suns rays, bet you think of her. What a beautiful site God left you with to revisit : )
Tracie said…
Beautiful card and such a touching memory of your mom.
Carol, your card is so pretty and your story is sweet! Thank you for telling us about your mom's sunshine bursting forth through the cloud!
What a sweet card Carol, and yes, I can relate to that story, and the way the cloud formation with the sunrays released you to grieve.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful card CArol and the lovely story of your memories of your mum via cloud formation. I look at two stars in the sky at night and ask mum to give me sign they are both ok....next minute the stars start to really twinkle and 'dance' in the sky? Imagination, not sure but it happens...xx
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Sweet card Carol and even a sweeter story!