older posts

Show more

Hot Mess Success July 2021


Hi all, It is the 12th of July and once again the hot mess success is in full swing.

Barb, Darlene, Kelly, Jeanette. Terry and I create cards for the Hot Mess Success challenge each month and share them on the 12th. The theme is anything goes as long as it creates some sort of mess during its creation.

My card today includes a piece of alcohol ink background cut into pieces and mounted on my card, The mess being the alcohol ink background. I als o added some foil to the background as well.  I cut the ink background into 1/4 inch strips and attached them on the right hand side of the main cardstock. I then took a Tim Holtz die and cut a corner design on the top left hand corner of the main card. I then ran ink over the little cut outs so when the card is open there are little lavender diamonds On top of this die cut I added a little elephant image carrying flowers to the person receiving the card. I  added some sequins around the image to make my little elephant pop a little to finish off the card.  

Here is my card:


I want to thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you like my challenge card. Please stop by the other Hot Mess=Success blogs as I am sure you will not be disappointed with their creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol





 

Comments

What a cutie that image is Carol, and I love your alcohol ink strips, they look amazing
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, I love those strips - they look awesome and add so much to your gorgeous card! Well done!!!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Very creative!! Love the idea of cutting out designs and running ink over to make a focal point inside! Those strips of alcohol ink background are VERY pretty! Love those colors. The elephant is adorable!
aussie aNNie said…
Lovely card and the strips looks fabulous... cute elephant. x
Barb said…
Such a pretty card--I love the stripes! And, such a cute image
MiamiKel said…
Carol your card is purple pizazz! Such a cute elephant and a brilliant card design - this cuteness factor is perfect for the sweet gramma you are! So glad you joined us! Hugs!
Very unique and lovely looking card. That elephant is just so darling. The way you added you A.I. background is intriguing. I wouldn't have thought to do that. It really is nice. Pretty results from your A.I. too.