older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies August 2021 The Wild Wild West

Here I am finally with my card. As they say better late than never. sheeesh. It seems to be my MO. This month our hostesses were Deb for the Pearls and Suzy for the Diamonds. Deb and Suzy picked the Wild Wild West as their challenge this month and it is fun. Since they are both from Texas and sisters they put their heads together and sent cute kits. I got my kit from Suzy. The kit contained a cute image from the Graphic, the dsp was from Hobby lobby,misc embellishments from Suzy's stash, enamel dots came from Gina Marie. First of all I want to thank Suzy for the fun kit.

I colored up the cute cat image right away when I got the kit using colored pencils, fussy cut the image and then to decided the layout and dsp I wanted  use.  I chose the Freshly Made card sketch 493 as my guide. I used SU soft suede as the base of my card and chose the Four Miles stripe from My Minds Eye as the background dsp and the Dark Denim from paper studios for the front of the card. I loved the stripes and denim but I don't think the layers show up as much as I would have liked them to. I wanted to use the cute silver stars on the denim but I couldn't see them very well so I put the enamel dots on the centers of the stars to make them show up a bit better. I also cut a strip from the background strip paper to mount them on to make sure they were seen. I then mounted my image in the center of the denim with mounting tape and finished off by making a little rope lasso with a piece of ribbon Suzy sent along. I wasn't sure how I liked the final card but today I am liking it more. 

Getting a picture was a major hassle (the reason I am late). I took the picture and was thinking it looked ok, however I could not get it downloaded from my camera to my laptop. No matter how hard I tried it just wouldn't work. After much frustration I finally decided to try again today. I took another picture, downloaded it and it worked much better. Here is my card:



Thank you for stopping by, I do appreciate it. If you get a chance please stop by the other Classy Card Ladies blogs and see all their wonderful creations. I know you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol 

Comments

Darlene LeTavec said…
Really, really cute card! Love the image and you did him justice! Nice layout too, shows off those papers well,
Carol, your card looks GREAT! I love the color of your kitty... and that twine treatment is fantastic!
Barb said…
This cat is so dang cute. I love how you used the patterned papers too! Great Job this month!
Shelly Schmidt said…
So fun! Love your fun Western kitty with his styling boots and hat! Fun coloring and love everything about this swap! Awesome card!
aussie aNNie said…
Adorable card with an adorable image, coloured beautifully.
What a fabulous card Carol - love your image and you coloured him beautifully - the denim is a wonderful background!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Tracie said…
Such an adorable card. I love that you cut out your cute kittie. Great western theme.
Suzy Sprague said…
Great card! I like how you were able to cut the image out. Great idea!
MiamiKel said…
How beautiful, Carol! I love that yuu added so much of the kit! Thsi is simply stunning and teh kitty is colored to perfection! Awesome card, my dueling friend! xx00