older posts

Show more

Double Duty August Challenge-Altenew

                                                    


Hi All, today is the day we post our cards for the double duty challenge. I'm here finally on time and I think I have my card done correctly as well. I tell ya, I sometimes get mixed up as to the directions for each challenge., but as I get into making the cards I am getting better at the rules. Here are the directions for this challenge.

Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company. Let’s have fun!

So for todays challenge I made a background with Ken Oliver color burst, water color paper and similar colors. Once the background was made I used the Altenew stamp set Flower Vines and the the matching die. I stamped the image and embossed it in black, cut both vines out with the matching die and water colored each vine.  For both my cards I used  black base and basically the same layout. One of he layouts was cut at an angle on the side and the other on the bottom. I used embellishments in the same design but different embellishment types. I mounted both of my vine images on pop ups and placed them on the front of the card. For the card angled at the bottom I used the Altenew half Smile sentiment on the front and inside  it says Smile. 

.Here are my cards:


Thanks so much for stopping by, I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other gals blogs and see their creations. I am certain you will not be disappointed. 

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

                                                                                                                        




 

Comments

Carol, your Double Duty cards look fabulous with that wonderful background you created. I love the designs!
aussie aNNie said…
A really stunning designs, lovely colours. xxx
Fabulous backgrounds Carol, and I love the various angles you have used in cutting and mounting them. Such a sweet vine image too. I think you have nailed the challenge this time :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
How did I miss these beautiful cards. So pretty--great color choices!