older posts

Show more

OCT Hot Mess Success

                                             


The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success! Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything is a bit messy. We are a group of that6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.


Hi all,yesterday was  the day to post our Hot mess equal Success! I am late and I don't blame my
teammates if they tossed me out. Time management is not my friend these days. None the less I did use a new technique for me, I learned it at my stamp group a couple of months ago. I tried using a couple of the different ideas thrown out there from the gal that was demonstrating while I had all the stuff out. I believe that the technique is Faux Suede or Leather.

My card has a basic black cardstock backing and a kraft colored card body attached to the black back. On the black I mounted a slightly smaller black piece of dsp with big polka dots with a black shiny sheen to them. The new technique was done on the pumpkins I placed on top of the dsp. This is the technique I did. First I took a piece of brown paper bag and drizzled  Elmer's glue over it and then
spread the glue with a paint brush. Once the glue was on the paper bag and spread (doesn't have to be smooth) I heated the glue with my embossing gun. It will bubble at places where there is more glue and that is good as it gives texture to the paper. 


Next I took my image (MFT) and decided to emboss the pumpkin with black ink. (In the demonstration she used regular black ink and it lost it's definition once we colored the image.) By embossing the image I was able to keep the clear look of the black. Next I took pearl ex that had been made into a color pallet that when you added water to the ink it resembled water colors and colored my image. I then cut out my pumpkins and mounted them on the dsp.  The card needed something else so I made two little borders with the extra dsp and since I was finishing the card while babysitting, I didn't have any rhinestones so I mixed red and yellow paint together and took a wooden pick and made orange dots on the middle strip of paper.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by today. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the others  blogs and check out their creations. The are listed on my side bard. I know you will love their cards and fun ideas.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

 


Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Stunning project and those colours are just so adorable...your cards always are gorgeous. xx
Loving those pumpkins - I am intrigued that the glue doesn't seem to have acted as a resist to the colouring of them. Great idea to emboss the image before colouring to prevent smudging. .
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
WOW--what a fun and creative card. You are rocking this challenge!