older posts

Show more

Double Duty Challenge January 2022

                                                     

Hi all. Today is the first challenge of the new year and I am here and on time.....can you believe it? It has been quite a start to the year but am trying to get on track and keep it up. 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the 22nd of each month. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.


This month the stamp company we are highlighting is Stampin up. I chose an old sale-a-bration set called " Lots of Lavender" While I was going through my craft area to try and purge and re-organize, I picked up this stamp set and found the designer paper from Bo Bunny (sunny gardens).  In my head I was thinking this could come together quite nicely if I'm careful. well neither card turned out like the picture in my head but I guess they will be ok. The more I worked with them though, the more I liked them. 

Here is my first card.

                            


I found a package of cards and envelopes that were different colored ombre plain cards. I then stamped and embossed the flowers on watercolor paper and then painted the image with watercolor paints. At that point I fussy cut out the image and mounted it on the card. Once mounted I decided on my sentiment and added little pearls randomly to give the card a little more interest. 

Here is my second card:
                                                    

With this card I used the same image but different layout and designer paper. I did however use the same little pearls as an accent. I cut the dsp with a square die from Gina Marie. The bottom edge I use a spellbinders edge die cut. I also added a small silver bow to the bouquet on this card. I don't know what I will used this card for so there is no sentiment but it could be used as a thinking of you, sympathy or a birthday card. 

I hope you enjoyed these cards. Thanks so much for stopping by. if you have a chance, please stop by the other double duty challenger blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol
 





Comments

Carol, I love the lavender stamp (I don't remember that set). Your cards featuring it are beautiful. Well done!
Darlene LeTavec said…
I love this stamp set and now I want to dig it out and watercolor the image too. I think the second card is very pretty also. Love the DP and the Spellbinders die cut edge. Very pretty Double Duty!
What beautiful cards Carol - loving the ombre background one in particular! It appeals to my CAS loving soul - although I struggle to make them! :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
Wowza--I love the water colored images! These are such pretty cards!
aussie aNNie said…
Gorgeously designed cards, beautiful colours and texture. x
Vickie Y said…
So pretty! Love the colors and fussy cutting!