older posts

Show more

DDD June 2022 Women of Strength

Hi all, today is the 15th of the month and time for our Duel for June.  Kelly and Jeanette are our fearless leaders and have been leading our group for 10+ years. This month Jeanette sent kits to both teams after twisting Kelly's arm a bit. Thank you, Jeanette for the sweet kit. I love the theme and the wonderful kit.

The kit contained :

Image: Hello Bluebird "Frosty Mornings"

Sentiments: Simon Says/Pink Fresh" Next level Amazing" Great Impressions "Only as strong"

DP: Moxxie -coffee Addict- Paper Studio-  Cozy little Christmas-Recollections -Stocking Stuffer paper pad- plus 2 others from unknown companies

Ribbons/fiber: Ribbon Boutique-Sheer creations-Stampin up

Embellishments- Paper Studio Glitter enamel dots and wooden coffee cup, Taylored Expressions Gold Drip Drops and a button, Corner Photo tab and sequins from stash

I colored my image with colored pencils and had another colored up as well. I then looked for a layout to decide if I was going to fussy cut the image or not.  I decided to use a die cut for the image instead of fussy cutting. I love the look of the the offset layers. I chose to use the Paper studio gingham and the dsp from another unknown company with a coffee brown base. I mounted the image on mounting tape and then used a blending brush and a brown ink to color in the white space around the image. I placed a ribbon behind the image before mounting it on the card. It looked a little plain, so I added the gold glitter enamel dots to the side.  Still needed something so I cut out the sentiment with a matching die cut and mounted it on the front of the card.  Here is my card:


On the inside of the card I used the other sentiment mounted on the extra cut of dsp as well  as a scrap of the gingham paper. Here is my inside:

b) 

This card is made with Kelly in mind Coffee is Kelly's beverage of choice.. Friendship which is so important to Kelly and Green is Kelly's favorite color, Jeanette asked each of us to share a favorite story  of thought that highlights Kelly's strength.

I was blessed to meet Kelly at Barb's house when several of us gathered there to have a weekend of stamping (thank you Barb). Kelly was a bit nervous for her flight and when we all met at the airport Kelly shared that it had been an interesting flight. She was nervous and there was a baby crying all the way..... but there was a Starbucks right at the end of the walkway where Kelly ordered a coffee and started feeling normal. When we walked out there was snow....the crazy lady was scooping it off the ledges and throwing it up in the air. Personally I told here she could take as much as she wanted to home with her. (That backfired on me as I was called by the airport the next day telling me there was a huge storm that was hitting MN and I needed to schedule an early flight home to avoid delays and possibly not getting home for a couple days) but that is another story. We all had a ton of fun and I learned that I had a lot of life similarities as Kelly and some of the same experiences. I felt like we were soul sisters. It was awesome to meet and learn about Kelly. She is a strong woman who loves family, friends and many other things (including stamping). Kelly is a dedicated wife, mother and friend, She will do anything she can to help if she possibly can. 

I was able to meet Jeanette as well that trip. (again thanks Barb). She also is a strong loving dedicated woman. She does so much for others as well.

I must say all the women I have been blessed to meet through stamping either in person or through cyber space are incredibly strong, loving, faithful, giving women who truly make this world a better place.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. If you get a chance, please stop by the other DDD members, I know you will not be disappointed.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 





 



Comments

Oh Carol, your words/stories about Kelly (I wasn't there to get her at the airport, but I can envision her scooping that snow and tossing it in the air) are so touching. She is everything you said, and more.

Your card is so pretty, too.... I love the tilts and the way you included so much from the kit in your design. Thank you for dueling with us this month!
Tracie said…
Such a great card Carol and wonderful sentiments about Kelly.
Lorraine said…
What a pretty card!
Love the story about Kelly - she is a remarkable woman!
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning card and super design, everything is just gorgeous .
Gorgeous card Carol - and a fabulous tribute to the wonderful Kelly - she is one special lady! Love your story about her throwing the snow in the air :)
Blessings
Maxine
MiamiKel said…
Oh my goodness, sweet friend - I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to make the rounds but I didn't want to RUSH through the posts! And you are making me teary eyed! In a good way :)
First you know how much I love you! And treasure your friendship so much and your card/blog post just warmed my heart <3 Thank you, dear friend - your card is gorgeous, beautifully created and has that signature Carol sweetness on it! I'm so honored to be your friend - thank you for your beautiful card this month! Love ya!