older posts

Show more

Creative Crew January 2023 "Snow"

 Hi all, this is the first challenge of the year for the Creative Crew. Jeannette and Barb are our leaders for this challenge. We have had a few changes and our group has shrunk a bit therefore each person in the group will take a month and send out the kits for that month rather than have 2 separate groups. This month Jeannette and Barb did a fun challenge for us. Jeanette sent out the kit contents paper etc and Barb sent out the images. Neither knew what the other was sending so it was a surprise for both of them this month. They picked a theme "Snow". Barb sent  a cute image from Creative Vision called Snowman with broom-large. Jeanette sent dsp, embellishments, and ribbon all from her stash.

I colored the image with colored pencils and added A little glittered gel pens and wink of Stella to different areas of the image. I then fussy cut my image and mounted the image with mounting foam. I cut little slits in the broom straw to give it a more realistic look. After it was all together I randomly added the snow flake sequins. On the inside I used some of the leftover dsp to make angles in the corner and filled in the space with sequins. Here is my card:




Here is the inside:



I hope you like my card. Please take some time and visit the other crew member blogs. I know you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by. 
Until next time.
  Hugs, 
Carol


Comments

Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, this is so sweet! What a clever idea to cut slits in the broom. Nice way to finish off the inside too!
What a sweetie Carol - love this and what you have done with the image - the broom 'slits' are an amazing detail
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful card and background-love the stamps
Carol, your card is adorable! Your eye for details - like the broom slits and of course your touches of sparkle - adds so much. You are an inspiration!
Barb said…
Carol-your card is so cute. I so love all of the sparkle too!