older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success January 2023





Hi all. Happy New Year to each of you. It is the 12th of the month and time to post our Hot Mess cards. I was hoping to start the year with my first post being early in the morning not late at night but it is still the 12th so I'm still on time. This month I made two cards using the 3d embossing folders. I've been working on how to apply color to the raised image. I've tried colored pencils, watercolor paint, chalk, pearl ex and little pots of shimmer Paint type color which I got years ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. The two cards below were colored with that medium. You need to get the color on your fingers (the messy part) and gently apply it. I liked the looks however my fingers are not skinny enough to apply the color without getting a mess around the images. I believe a small blender brush would probably work better. I also did one card in black background and one on an off white background paper to this I added sparkle flat dots from Gina Marie. I obviously need much more practice but am having fun experimenting. 

Here are my two cards:




Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you like my cards. Please stop by the other blogs I am sure you will not be disappointed with their wonderful creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 

















Comments

Carol these are gorgeous - well done on the mess and the fabulous results. I know what you mean about adding colour to embossed images - it's a skill I am still trying to master :)
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, both of these cards are so pretty. That messy medium brings out the dimension while adding color. I love the look!