older posts

Show more

Mess = Success March card 2023





I'm here late in the day but here. Today is the day to post our hot mess cards. The idea is to make any kind of card as long as mess Is involved in its creation.  Several years ago I was at a stamp show and came across these little tubs of inka gold by Viva decor. They are sample tubs but still have a ton of color in each of them, it is dried up but all you have to do is add water to revive the ink.



When I watched them demo these inks, they were rubbed on with your fingers. I took an image I had already colored up, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the stamp or company. I took the shiny ink a colors and rubbed them on the flowers to bring out the color and give them some shine. (The messy part = rubbing on the shiny ink.) I used the black and white color combo to highlight the colors on the flowers. I then popped up the image on  black background and added the enjoy die cut and the lattice die cut as well. Here is my card.

 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate it. I hope you like my card. Please take a little time to stop by the other mess blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed. 

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol


 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 


Comments

Carol, this turned out beautiful. What fun to use a product you've had for years.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, how very pretty! Those look like a fun product. I like how the black elements on your card really highlights the pretty and vibrant flowers. Great card!
What a fabulous card Carol - love how the eye is drawn to the flowers.
I also have the paints, again, from a craft show. Like yours, mine are dry, but I usually use them as watercolours applying them with a brush, although on Sunday my finger was used to apply them to my project.
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
This is a fun card. I love how you added to color and shine to the flowers. It is a perfect image!