older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success June 2023


  


Hi all. Today is the day to post our hot mess cards. The idea is to make a card or item that you make and using something messy to create turning you mess into a success. I'm pretty good at the messy part the jury is still out on the success part.

Today I tried a new technique ( to me). I've been loving the 3D folders and have been experimenting with them in hopes of finding a good technique to make a great card. So far 🤔 nothing that I really like. Today I used an Altanew folder. I ran watercolor paper with my folder first. I then water colored the impression with sparkly watercolors. I set that off to dry. Once dry I ran it through my embossing folder that had versa mark covering the flat side of the folder. I was hoping to evenly coat the paper with the versa mark but it didn't quite happen. I covered the versa mark with black embossing powder and heated it. The idea here was to have a black embossed background that the colors on the impression would pop through. As you can see, the versa mark transferred onto the impression which in turn picked up the powder. Ugghhh. More experimenting is in order here.

Here is my card. (bad picture)






Thank you so much for stopping by I do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes to stop by the other mess=success blogs, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol



Comments

Carol, it may not have turned out as you hoped, but I think this is a lovely card. Well done, my friend!