older posts

Show more

Creative Crew-August theme Christmas

 Hi all, I'm late for my 15th post but I did enjoy working with this kit. Lorraine was our wonderful hostess this month and chose a Christmas theme. Lorriane said her two favorite Christmas decorations are wreaths and gingerbread people. It sounds like she has a wonderful collection of both for the holidays. Our kit included a Holiday Wreath stamp from Your Next Stamp along with DSP from simple stories and photoplay.Also included were misc ribbons and embellishments from her stash. 

For my card I wanted to try something a little different. I loved the dsp Lorraine sent and started out in one direction but changed once I saw my original plan was  of going to work.

I had a die I was going to use similar to a quilt but it was too big so I chose a smaller die. With the first one I had planned on using the different dsp to fill in the quilt holes but decided to make the front the die cut layered over the dsp. I colored up the wreath using colored pencils and some glitter gel pens. You can't see the sparkle very well in the picture but it is there. I chose a basic black for the base and die cut. I popped up the wreath and saying with mounting foam to complete the front of the card.



On the inside I placed one of the candy embellishments to add a little interest.



Thank you for stopping by, I really do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes and stop by the other creative crew blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

Carol, this looks great - such a creative idea to add an overlay on the striped DP. It totally changes its look.
Darlene LeTavec said…
What a great card!! Love that die cut and I think you made the right choice in how to use it. The peppermint candy on the inside is so cute!
Carol this is gorgeous - love your die cut over the paper in the background, and the wreath looks wonderful coloured the way you have
Blessings
Maxine