older posts

Show more

Double Duty August 2023

 


Hi all, I'm here finally with my double duty card. The idea of the challenge (created by Barb), is to make two cards using the same  two elements on both cards. Today the challenge was to use a stamp or stamp set from a company which is no longer in business. I used the Santa Collage image from Rubber Stampede. This is one of my all time favorite images. When I first saw it I contacted Rubber Stampede to see where I could find it as I couldn't find it anywhere at the time. They told me it had been discontinued but would put my name on a list of people requesting it. Apparently I wasn't the only one who liked this stamp as I got an email from them several months later saying they had made more did I still want the stamp? I answered that email right away. I got my stamp and all my friends wanted one too. As luck would have it, Michaels  had just set their Christmas stamps out and they were on sale. I was able to pick up one for each of  my friends that wanted it. 

Today's cards both use the same stamp, the same basic black base, the same red velvet ribbon and the same little Christmas tree. I used the paper stack "A Very Merry" from hobby lobby which I used on both cards just different pieces and of course stickler to highlight Santa.

Here are my cards.




Thank you for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other team members, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.


Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

Carol, I enjoyed reading the story behind you getting this stamp... and what an amazing stamp it is (I own it too). Your cards are so pretty!
Thanks for the backstory to you stamp, Carol, and I love the way you have used it, particularly on the layered diecuts. Two gorgeous cards!!
Blessings
Maxine