older posts

Show more

Mystery Image--Sept--Host Karly

Hi all, I'm back today with my mystery image card. What a fun image Karly sent us for this challenge. It was a Penny Black Hedgehog  balancing on a spider web between two flowers. I took a personal challenge and tried my hand at prisma pencils, gamsol and a blending stump. (I have been working with copics so this was quite a change), thanks to the encouragement of my SCS friend Tami....I did have fun with them but oh do I need to practice some more...lol...

I purchased the new Fleu de Leur square Nestabilities for 40% off and couldn't wait to try them.....so I did use this for the background of my image and bumped the whole thing up with mounting tape. I used a different paper for the background of the whole image...I found it at Anchor Paper and it is a fabric type paper with gold and silver dandelion type flowers on it with "GLITTER" centers...lol....I really liked it...it's kind of too bad the nestie was as big as it was.  I did however take a small piece of the dsp and mount it on basic black to used on the inside of the card....(it doesn't show up too well in the picture but it does on the card...sigh).




This was definitely a fun challenge...Thanks Karly for the fun image...I can't wait to see what Barb has in store for us the next round...

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

MiamiKel said…
Ohhhhh gorgeous!! This is ever so lovely - the nestie was the perfect touch! x0x0
:: BlueInks :: said…
You did a great job coloring!!! I hope you liked trying it. I saw that Nestie the other day and thought I need to get that when they go on sale! LOL Super card!
Melina said…
love your coloring! the nesti shape is beautiful!
Terry Ladwig said…
Very cute Carol ☺ I love the colors you chose and love the frame too!!
Barb said…
Great Card--I love the paper and so want to visit Anchor Paper soon!
kadie said…
Sweet sweet sweet and kudos for challenging yourself to do the insides of cards---it's the perfect finishing touch!