older posts

Show more

DDD August "Party Time" challenge

Welcome to my blog. Today were challenged to create a card using felt banner strips. Kelly sent each of the 16 duelers 3 banner shaped felt pieces in different colors. I got purple, yellow and my favorite blue.  We also got a piece of string with the pieces and were told that we could create our cards using the string or not using the string but the banner pieces did need to be used. We could cut them and use them however we wanted to but we did need to use all 3. The banner pieces represent a banner that is tied together in crafty friendship. Which would be all of us. This amazing group started 10 years ago and has seen members come and go but we have held tight to the group. I remember when Jeanette asked me to join....I was over the moon excited but I didn't have a clue what a blog was. Thankfully Jeanette guided me the right direction and walla I was part of the group and I now had a blog. I don't post as often as the others but have posted ever since.  The other stipulation of creating our card for this particular challenge was to only use a sentiment. We were not to use images. This in itself was a challenge for me as I don't usually make cards highlighting a sentiment. Most of my cards have images....but, I was up for the challenge. When I went down in my craft area (I am currently trying to organize...) I lucked out and found the sentiment I was looking for right away. BONUS....Then I tried a new technique to me using a random water color back ground created on water color paper with refills and water. Now I must say the 1st try was a flop...I threw away the background and started over. This time I picked different refills and they actually looked more like what I was trying to create. I dried the background and did another sheet of water color paper background using the same colors for my sentiment. As I mentioned earlier....my craft room....I couldn't find the red tape. After some time searching I found it, (The tape runner was not laying down correctly and pulling up the paper as it went). Then came the die cut....oh my finding what I was looking for BIG CHALLENGE.(I can't wait until everything is back in its own spot) It would have been much easier to do this card in Barb's craft room.....Well at least I got the card made. I cut my banner pieces in half and cut the other side as a banner so both sides looked the same. I mounted them on my back ground and popped up my sentiment in the middle of the banner pieces. Not the most creative card but I did meet the challenge.

Here is my card. 


I must add that I have blessed to be in this group in many more ways than one. I feel honored to be able to call these amazing ladies my friends. I have been able to meet Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, Terry L, LJ, Darlene and Shelly in person. Thanks to our gracious friend Barb who has hosted us at her home.
This truly is a  group of creative, kind and wonderful friends.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate your visits. Please take time and stop by the other duelers and see what they have created. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs,

Carol

Comments

Carol, I think your sentiment is perfect for the DDD and your card is very pretty, too. Looks great!
Barb said…
Sweet Card--your sentiment is perfect and I love the background!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, I love how you used the banners - and your background is BEAUTIFUL!! Love & Hugs!
Suzy Sprague said…
Your card looks great! The sentiment is fantastic! Your background looks great with the banners!
MiamiKel said…
Carol Carol Carol! This is a beauty! you are ready for the Hot Mess with this stunning background! I love your clever use of the banners for cutting them in half and making TWO ends! You are a genious! I'm so blessed that when I started this group 10 years go, you said yes. Love ya!
aussie aNNie said…
Lovely designed card as always and fantastic colours.. x
HeatherB said…
Love this!!!! Great colors.