older posts

Show more

Mixed up Cake Party Duel

 Hi all and welcome to our dueling Mixed up Cake Party celebration. We are celebrating 10 years of dueling and our teams are all mixed up this month. We received awesome kits from Kelly and they included several items. Thank you Kelly for the amazing kit. (She sent one to each dueler). Inside the kit contained several different items along with our image, designer paper, and embellishments. Kelly also included a lottery ticket (my # 509791) and if it matches the ticket pulled today it will win a prize along with a team assignment. This month we may not be assigned to the team that we normally do kits for. For example I am normally a Diva and guess what. I am still a Diva....(hmmmm wonder if that means something...lol). We also received party favors which you will see in the picture with the card I made, and one of us received a bobby prize (something that doesn't fit with the kit). In my embellishments I received a bag of sequins bright green and hot pink. Not sure it that was supposed to be there but with what I created it certainly didn't fit. Along with all that goodness Kelly and Jeanette came up with some fabulous games throughout the month for us to "challenge" ourselves with. It has been an exciting month. Again, a big thank you to our leaders Kelly and Jeanette. 

Wow, so on with my card. I used a simple design that incorporated 4 different sides of designer paper along with the cute image and the colorful beads Kelly included. I colored my image with colored pencils and gamsol and used Nuvo gold shimmer on the cake and candles. Again it is a simple design but I thought once I got going less is more. I hope you like my card:


Mixed up cake party    



 Once again Thank you to Kelly and Jeanette and cheers to many more challenges!!!

Thank you for stopping by, please take a few minutes and stop and see cards from the other duelers. 

Until next time.

Hugs,

Carol 

Comments

Carol, your card is soooo cute! I really like the colorful layers in your cake and the way you used the strips of DP. Nicely done!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, I LOVE how you used the strips of DP across the bottom of the card, and that pretty border die strip of bright pink is perfect!
Excellent job as usual, my friend!
aussie aNNie said…
Very nice card, lovely designed and spectacular colours, love love love. . ♥
Love how you used the papers on your stunning card Carol - less was certainly the way to go
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Very cute. You coloured perfectly to coordinate with your paper. Great combination that you used by the way.
terry serman said…
Great way to use the papers...very cute card!
sallysbitz2 said…
Such a sweet birthday card x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk