older posts

Show more

Hot mess = Success--September 2021



                                                 

                                                        

Hi all today is the day to post our creations for the hot mess = success challenge.


The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success! Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy. We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.

For my card this month I am once again playing with alcohol inks. There are so many different ways to create fun backgrounds using this technique. This month I used a swirly patterned shiny paper to use the alcohol ink technique. One thing I found was like regular paper the ink retains a darker spot where the original ink was laid down along with the alcohol is first placed. . Once I had the background piece dried I took a flower stamp and embossed it in black. I then took some alcohol ink , alcohol and a paint brush and highlighted some of the flower petals to have them show up a little more. I used a die to cut around the flower pattern and backed the die with purple glitter paper. I used purple foil paper embossed with diamond .I used silver glitter glue to put on the stamens. I also used the silver glitter glue to separate the two pieces on the front of the card. I placed iridescent circle stickers at the junction where each diamond met. I have not put a sentiment on the front or in the inside as I plan to do that when I decide what I am going to used the card for.

Here is my card: 

                                      :

I apologize for the crummy picture. I really need to take some lessons in photography. The colors on the front of the card are lavender and a darker purple foil paper all mounted on basic black. In real life this is a sparkly card. I added another picture taken in different lighting and that one isn't the best either. The bottom layer looks pink rather than purple and you can't really see the details. (I'll try to do better next photo. 😥)

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes to stop by the other hot mess success challenge members blogs. Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, Darlene and Terry.  

.Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol




Comments

Carol, your alcohol ink technique turned out fabulous. Lovely floral image, too. Great card!
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous post and love this result and colours. x
R's Rue said…
So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
What a gorgeous card Carol - shimmer and shine is always hard to photograph, as are shades of purple, so you got a double whammy there!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
MiamiKel said…
These are 2 absolute beauties! Love that you are trying new things and getting your messy creativity on! Thanks for joining and holding down the fort :)