older posts

Show more

DDD Challenge February 2022

 Hi all, today is the day for the big challenge. Jeanette' s challenge leader is Tracie and Kelly's team leader is me. Tracie had PM'd me early on to see if I had any ideas for our challenge month, which I honestly did not at the time but Tracie had several. (Thank you Tracie). I looked over the ideas she threw out and checked out to see if I had stamps for any of them and I  did...woohoo... actually about 3 or 4 of them. Once I contacted Tracie with what I had, and I asked her to choose, and she chose February is Library Book Month so that is what our theme is. 

I was so excited as I had a book stamp from The Ton that had not seen ink. I believe the name is Haute Couture. I found some Tim Holtz dsp from a paper stack I had in my craft room. I also found some others that were in my stash, along with misc ribbons and embellishments. I was looking for some ideas online and came across a free printable library card and I printed that off to add to the kits. I also found some Dr Seuss quotes to print off and enclose.  I must say though that when putting together my next kit, I should make a card ahead to make sure there is enough to create with as I had a bit of a struggle with the kit myself.

For my card I chose to do a bookmark card considering the theme. I used a vanilla linen base for my card. I chose the Tim Holtz dsp in kraft with a black layer behind the dsp for the layers of the card. On the front panel I layered the post card dsp and the library card on black and then mounted my colored image over both of those. I topped the image with a pair of "reading glasses" and a chipboard sentiment to finish off the front of the card.


On the inside of my card I also used the Tim Holtz dsp as well as on the perforated piece making the bookmark. I used the Dr Suess sentiment inside the card and on the book mark I used a Tim Holtz cardboard embellishment another pair of reading glasses and I cut one of the sentiments and put it on the library card. Here is the inside of my card. 


I do appreciate your stopping by, please take time to stop by the other duelers, I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol


Comments

Barb said…
Carol--your card is awesome! I love all of the detail you put into it--great layout! Thanks for such a fun kit this month--love the theme. You packed our kit full of so many fun items to play with!
Tracie said…
Such a great card Carol. I love the books on the front. What a fun theme.
Darlene LeTavec said…
Wow wow WOW!! Super theme, wonderful papers, creative design...this card has it all. Love it!
MiamiKel said…
Carol! This card inside and out is magnificent! Oh wow - such fun! I love the little library cards most of all! I love the design and you got so much of the kit without overpowering it. One of my favorite things! books! This is amazing! Thanks for a fun month, my friend!
Great work with your kit Carol - and a fabulous idea to make it a bookmark card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, this is so pretty - inside and out. What a fun design! Thank you for hosting this month's duel!
aussie aNNie said…
Brilliant card, love the design and colours. :)