older posts

Show more

Double Duty February 2022


Hi all, today is the day we post our double duty cards for February.  The Double Duty was started by Barb. This month the stamp company that was chosen to highlight was Hero Arts. When looking for a stamp to use I found Hero Arts Floral Rose Stamp Here.

I found this stamp on sale at Joann's a while ago and have used it quite a bit. I really like the stamp as it is very versatile. I have made several cards using it. Today I have my two cards for this challenge. The first one is in black and silver. On this card I have embossed a clear background on the top layer and embossed the rose in the center of the top layer. I used colored pencils to color the image. They didn't originally show up very so I softened them with a water paint brush and tried coloring over the pencils again. I'm not really liking how the colors turned out but it does look better in real life. 
I brushed over the color with wink of stella to finish off the image.  Here is the card:




I also used stardust stickles in the center of the rose and touched around the leaves . This card could be used for either birthday, thinking of you, sympathy or even just a note. 

My second card I used the same stamp, different color similar layout but rather than a dry embossed background I used an embossing folder by Tim Holtz. I used colored pencils to color the image and fussy cut out the image. I mounted the image on the front of this card with mounting tape and used silver stickles to accent the embossing folder background of the card. Here is my card:


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Please take some time to stop by the other challenge blogs that are up. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol




 

Comments

Carol, your cards are amazing! Such creativity! (BTW, I think we used the same stamp set this month.)
Carol W said…
Great minds right?
What pretty cards Carol - love the one on the black background. One technique I have seen of late is metallic paints on black...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Looking good, great cards and beautiful designs.
Keep Safe ♥