older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success Feb 2022

                                                                 

                                                             

Hi all, today is the day we post our hot mess creations. I am a bit late in getting mine on my blog as my phone crashed and in the process of getting a new phone I needed to figure out how to transfer my pictures....ugghhh. Lets just say technology is not my friend. 

The idea of the hot mess=success was started by Kelly's idea challenging us all to  make a mess in the process of creating our finished product. 

This month I had help with my card from my granddaughter Kennedy. What fun we had. I had decided to start her crafting and we had played with finger paints in the last couple months. This month she really got the hang of it and was excited beyond words when she saw me bring them out. Instead of using the island to work on I decided to use the highchair.....hmmmm...not sure if that was a good idea. I put her full crafting bib on and off we went. Here are her creations.     


I chose the multi-colored creation in the lower right corner to use on my card.  She really had fun and after all was done we went to clean her up and can I say at this point we had done well. I told her not to put her hand in her mouth so she rubbed her forehead instead. I took her to the sink to wash her up and forgot she had a pocket on the lower part of the crafting bib. Well I was pretty excited we had managed to clean up until I put her down and she looked up like "what are you doing?" She was standing in water. The pocket of the bib was full and spilling over, her socks and pants and the floor were full of water. 



She was more than willing to help clean up taking a paper towel to help sop up the water. She did a great job and proceeded to wring out all the water onto another part of the floor. Let's just say this process definitely fit the mess part of the card process.

Once the background paper I chose was dry I cut it down to the size I needed. I found a white die cut I had planned on using for another card but had changed my mind and placed it over the finger-painted background. I also had a flower image I had colored and fussy cut out and mounted that on the front. To try and bring more attention to the image I placed 3 blue rhinestones around the flowers and die cut a little border for around the sentiment. All in all I ended up with a bit busy card but it was so much fun creating. Here is my end result...


I know this post got a bit long, but I do appreciate your stopping by. I hope you like my messy card. Please stop by the other group blogs, I am sure you will not be disappointed by what my teammates have created.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

Oh Carol, what a saga - but I am sure you will both look back on it and laugh in years to come. Love your final card - and that was a great use of the 'art' you and Kennedy created.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Darlene LeTavec said…
Oh Carol, you win the Messiest Process Award this month! But what a great time you and Kennedy had (even the "cleaning" up the floor - that had me laughing!
I think your card is so pretty. I love the white lattice die cut over the bright background made by Kennedy. The sentiment and flowers match nicely. Great job!
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful card lovely colours and design ..as always . xx
Oh my goodness... isn't Kennedy just the cutest ever??!?!?! I'm pretty sure I'll need her assistance next month.

Your card is beautiful... a real keepsake, too.