older posts

Show more

Double Duty Challenge March 2022 Pink Fresh Studios

                                                           


Hi all, it is the 22nd of the month and time for the Double Duty Callenge.  This group was started by Barb and here is the definition of the concept of the challenge.

Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set. Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used,or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way! But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something. Double Duty Again! We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month. See-Double Duty again! We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company. Let’s have fun!


This month our stamp company is Pink Fresh Studios and the image I chose to use is Dahlia Bunch. I thought I had purchased the die for this stamp however, I had not...😒.
I thought this was a very pretty stamp and decided to watercolor the image. On the first card I stamped the image and embossed it in white. I used my watercolor pens. They, however, did not work the way I wanted them to so I tried getting the water color paper wet and dabbed the water color pens in the water on the image and let it spread so I would get a more realistic look to the image. I added white liquid petals to the image and embossed a layer of vellum to used behind the mounted image. On my white card base I used a die to cut out a border on both cards. I also used liquid pearls to highlight the border on each card. Here is my first card:



My second card is the same base, same border same image but I used gelatos on the image. I once again embossed the image on watercolor paper but I colored the gelatos onto the image and then used a sponge to blend the colors. I die cut my image and mounted it on a die cut black piece of cardstock. This was then attached to a embossed piece of vellum which is attached to the base. This card is a little harder to see as the colors I used did no photograph well and the white embossing is hard to see. I again used the white liquid pearl on the die cut border and the image. Here is my second card.





Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you like my cards. Please stop by the other Double Duty Challengers blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs, 
Carol 

Comments

WOW! These are both absolutely gorgeous, Carol! I am in awe of your talent! I have gelatos and have NEVER thought to try to color flowers with them. You are a true inspiration!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, these are stunning! Such different looks it's hard to believe it's the same image! Truly Double Duty. Love the use of the pretty dies on each card, they really compliment the image. Good idea to white emboss too. So much goodness going on with these 2 cards!
Barb said…
These cards are stunning! You are so creative. I am happy to turn on to Pinkfresh Studio and hope you love them as much as I do!
aussie aNNie said…
Great technique and fabulous result, love the colours x
Such pretty colours Carol, and I do love the way you mounted the images on both cards
Blessings
Maxine