older posts

Show more

Hot Mess = Success March 2022

Hi all, I'm late, I'm late but am here on the correct day just evening rather than morning. Today for my card I used a new to me technique called unique "Black Ice" found Here, I have looked at other Black Ice techniques and have been fascinated by them. This month is the month I finally took the big step to try it. My card isn't really easy to see oh the picture but I do like the way it turned out for my first try.

I used basic black for the base of the card and they layered with basic gray, white and a silver foil for the main image. I had some black glittery ribbon I placed at the bottom of the white layer. I found the sentiment in one of  Unity stamps and really liked it. It wasn't as skinny as the gray layer I wanted to put it on but, I decided to use it anyway and I still like it. 


Here is my card:





I chose not to put a sentiment on the inside of the card as I am not sure who I'm going to give the card too. I do apologize for the crummy picture but the card is much
nicer in real life. I had fun with this technique and am anxious to try another card using it. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I really do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes to stop by the other Hot Mess blogs, I am sure you will not be disappointed. 

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol




Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
wow- this is just beautiful! I have to look up your technique and refresh my memory- love your outcome!
Carol this is a stunner - love how you have kept to simple colours that really show off the Black Ice technique. An exquisite card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful card amazing result too. x
Carol, this is so pretty - I'm so glad you tried this black ice technique. It looks so elegant on your card!