older posts

Show more

DDD April 2022 "Holographics"

 This month our hostesses were Darlene for Jeanette's team and Terry for Kelly's. I am on Kelly's team so Terry sent my kit to me. These two got together and decided to have Holographics as the theme this month. Terry and Darlene bought the same holographic paper for all the kits on both teams. Terry also cut out some of the holographic paper with geometric shapes that we could use on our cards if we wanted to. She included 3 different sies of hexagons. 

The kits we received contained:

Image: candles from the Simon Says Stamp set "Birthday Borders"

Sentiment: Altenew "Kind of Confetti"

Glitter paper from the Paper Studio  and Holographic set 2-Pink & Main

Ribbons from Terrys stash

Gems--The Paper Studio

Sequins--Unity

At the end of the kit list Terry says.  It doesn't matter how you use your papers, as long as you used some of the holographic paper on your card.

I took my kit to a retreat I was attending and decided to work on it there. Since I love glitz and glitter I thought  this should be relatively easy.  Boy was I wrong. I started my first card by cutting 1/8 " strips of the glitter paper and 1/4" strips of holographic paper and then weaving them together on the front of the card using a pink base. Can you say ick??? it really was not a card I was  fond of or ready to put my name on. So , back to square one. This time I used a black base...colored up the candle image with glitter gel pens and the mounted the candles on holographic paper. I divided the front of the card with a strip of the blue glitter paper . I used a die border I had with me and cut the border out of holographic paper. Between the glitter and holographic border I used a layer of gems to highlight the card.  After  putting this together I liked it much better. 

Anyway, here is my card: 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate it.

I hope you like this card. I didn't even take a picture of the other card I was so disappointed with it.  Please stop by the other DDD challenge friends if you get a chance I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs.
Carol
 



Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful and impressive card. Have a lovely Easter xx
Carol W said…
You as well Annie.
Barb said…
This is such a pretty card--and I saw it in person!!!!! I love the added sparkle you added to the candles! The layout is cute and this is such a fun birthday card. Well Done my Friend!
Carol, your card sure is an eye-catcher! That lacy looking border is gorgeous and the perfectly placed gems add so much.
Lorraine said…
Love the border cut with the gems above it! Great job with the kit!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, this is just super! I bet the lacy die cut border is fantastic in person! What a great idea. Using glitter gel pens on the candles is brilliant and I bet they really sparkle! Great job on this duel!
MiamiKel said…
Oh my goodness Carol! This is brilliant! What a fun idea to use the holographc paper as a border! Gorgeous design - love your beautiful card with this fun kit! Hugs!
WOW - love this result Carol - that border is amazing, and the gems and image are g0rgeous. Well done
Blessings
Maxine
Tracie said…
Such a pretty card. Love the border die you used at the bottom. Made for such an elegant card.