older posts

Show more

Hot Mess= Success April 2022

 

                                                                                                                       

Hi all, it is the 12th of the month and time for our hot mess challenge. As usual it is anything goes as long as we make a mess while we are creating (which is not a hard thing for me to do),

This challenge was created by Kelly and included Jeanette and Barb as her partners in the challenge. Since that time Kelly has stepped back a bit and posts when she has a chance. Barb and Jeanette are still going strong and Darlene and myself have been added to the group. It is a fun group of stampers for sure.

As those of you who know me know I love glitter and always have. I orginially used glue and the loose glitter.  I then moved to stickles and have pretty much used that  until this month for this challenge. I used an Altenew flower stamp. I colored the image and then fussy cut it out. I used a white card base and cut out a fancy side border.  On the inside of the card, I covered the border with packing/postal tape with the sticky side facing forward. I then folded the card shut and used yellow glitter to cover the sticky side of the tape. Messy yes, now I remember why I went to stickles....lol.
On the centers of the flower type design on the border I used liquid pearls to accent the glitter and die. I have not used a sentiment on this card yet as I usually don't put that on until I send them. Here is my card:


I hope you like my card. I do appreciate your stopping by. If you have a chance please stop by the other hot mess blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 





Comments

Carol, you are the glitter expert. It adds so much to your cards, this one is truly a beauty. When I try to use glitter, I tend to add it to the desk, the floor, the walls, everything. It is definitely a mess. ;)
Carol W said…
Loose glitter.....you never know where you'll find it when I'm done...face..hands..feet..etc. Once on the hands it is everywhere I touch.
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning colours design and creativity ♥
Barb said…
This is so pretty. You are my heroine-Glitter Queen for Sure! I love the soft colors and I am sure there are tons of sparkle................ and glitter everywhere!
Oh what a gorgeous card Carol - love that beautiful sparkle - despite the glitter that may still be in your hair :) - the image is gorgeous, so delicate and a perfect accent to the sparkly panel
Blessings
Maxine