older posts

Show more

Double duty challenge for September 2022

Hi all. Today is the day we post  our double duty challenge cards. The company chosen to be highlighted this month is Impression Obsession. I had an image I really wanted to use but I put it away in a safe spot so I could use it and guess what???!! I don't remember where I put it, nothing like a senior moment to ruin a good plan. Oh well I'll have to do that card another time. I chose a image quite similar to create my cards with.  It is a cabin that has seen its better days in the middle of a bare forest. The first card I stamped on water color paper and colored the image with water color pencils spreading the color around to soften it up. I used a shimmer pen on the roof to add a little sparkle kind of like snow. Off to the side I used textured squares in silver and black to finish off the card.

On my second card I chose to do a triple layer card. I like it but wish more Of the image would have spread onto the third layer. On this card I used a subtle wood grain DSP and die cut sending hugs and mounted it on the bottom of the card. I didn't color the image but used wink of stella to give it a pretty shimmer that you can't really see on the picture.

Here are my cards:

Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you like my cards. Please take a few minutes and stop by the other challenge blogs, I'm sure you won't disappointed.

Until next time.
Hugs.
Carol











Comments

Barb said…
I love your cards. I am sure you will find the other stamp within the next week or so!
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning cards, awesome design with fabulous colours xx
Carol, these are so cozy and pretty - love that cabin. It must be frustrating not to find the safe and secure stamp you wanted to use, but you carried on well!
Shelly Schmidt said…
I love the quaint winter setting and that you added sparkle to your cards. Very pretty : ) Hope you find your other image soon.