older posts

Show more

Hot mess = Success Sept 2022

                 HOT MESS = SUCCESS SEPTEMBER 2022

Hi all today is the day we post our cards for the hot mess=success. As you may have noticed I've been aol the last couple of months. My computer was acting up and I started trying to correct the problem. I thought I'll just change the picture on my blog...wrong. I managed to change the whole blog and didn't know how to change it back. I just managed to find out how to post so here goes. Crossing my fingers it works.

This month I found a new technique on pinterest. I took a swirly shiny paper and laid a stencil over the paper. I then took liquid pearls and tried to smooth different colors over the stencil. Once I got it as smooth as I could I pulled off the stencil, washed the stencil and laid the paper flat to dry. The stencil I used was a Hero Arts stencil that was more of  border stencil than a full page stencil. I then cut the paper to size and mounted the stenciled image on black cardstock which I also used for base of the card. I used an old stampin up DSP as the background of the side border I created. I then took a thinking of you die and cut out two sets of the words. One in white DSP and one in black. I offset the two die cuts and attached them to the card. The finishing touches were purple rhinestones and accented the white DSP with clear/white stickles. Here is my card:

 

I hope you like my card. Please stop by the other mess=success blogs. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I will be catching up with my other cards in the near future.

Until next time.
Hugs,
Carol

Comments