older posts

Show more

DDD October 2022 challenge "gotcha day"

 This month Kelly was the hostess  for both teams. Kelly rescued a Siamese kitty "Oliver" last year and chose this theme to honor all rescued animals. our kits included the image "Kindness First and the kitty has a friend". The beautiful DSP is S.E.I. Crafts - Madeline collection and the embellishments mostly came from Kelly's stash.

I chose to use basic black as my card base. On my first layer I used the beautiful raspberry pink DSP with roses accented in a pearly white (I was extremely tempted to hoard this piece it is so pretty.) I used the striped paper as well as the pink with white  flowers for my next two layers. I cut my image out with the white background here I think I made the wrong choice I lightly applied some pink ink on the white as it seemed so stark. To finish off I placed three of the rhinestones Kelly sent in the kit to highlight the cute image. 

Here is my card:


Thank you Kelly  for the fun kit.
Thank  you so much for stopping by my blog. I do hope you will take a little time and stop by the other curlers blogs. I am certain you will not be disappointed.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Great colour combo and love the brilliant post..x
How gorgeous Carol - I love that you delicately coloured the feature panel in pink - it really ties everything together beautifully
Blessings
Maxine
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol, this card is a sweet as the image is! I love the panels and how you have them offset from center on the card front. Very eye catching!
Carol, your card is too cute! The panels of DP looks fabulous... and those cute critters are colored to PURR-fection!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love the sweet card and image! Great to have the black that gives the colors a 'pop'. I love the pink too : ) Darling card!
Tracie said…
Such a fun card Carol. I love all the pink. Great way to celebrate Kelly's dear little Oliver's gotcha day.
Lorraine said…
Cute card and your coloring is wonderful!