older posts

Show more

Hot mess = success October 2022



Hi all, today is the day for our hot mess creations to be posted.  This challenge was started by Kelly and it involves making a project with messy aspects and creating something beautiful with it.

Today I chose to make a card using an embossing folder and color or highlights. I purchased a 3D embossing folder peony bundle from Simon Says. I love these embossing folders and have a couple of them. I used my favorite black for the base of the card. I then cut a piece of black a bit smaller than the card and used a mister to get it damp before running it through my big shot. I then placed the paper in the embossing folder and ran it through. The messy part of this is........I took a blending brush and inked it up slightly with silver ink and carefully put ink to the embossed image. This is the messy part as I kept over inking the brush and it would smear all over the card. I tried a couple of times and this one came out the best. I then cut a piece of silver mirror paper to back the embossed piece. I mounted it with mounting tape and placed it on the front of the card. I cut celebrate out 3 times and layered it and placed it on the front of the card. I thought I would add more but I liked the simplicity of the card. 

Here is my card:


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you like my creation. Please take a few minutes to stop by the other mess =success blogs. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Until next time. 
Hugs 
Carol 



Comments

This is absolutely stunning Carol - the silver on black is so elegant and eye catching.
Love it
Blessings
Maxine
WOW! This looks amazing, Carol. Thanks for the details of how you created this beauty!
Shelly Schmidt said…
How very beautifully created! I love this card and that EF is lovely!!! The pop of silver and your silver sentiment- so elegant!