older posts

Show more

Creative Crew February 2023

 Hi all, I'm here finally. Talk about a mix up. I brought my finished card to my daughters to photograph and write my post, but, I brought the card and looked high and low for my iPad and it was at home.😒. But I'm here now and am ready to go.

First off thank you Darlene for the fun kit. It was fun working with and I learned some new things.

This month Darlene is our hostess  and her theme of choice was "What's your birthstone?" My oh my I found out a lot when I did some research on my month. I was born in June my sign is Gemini. Apparently June has 3 birthstones pearl, moonstone and alexandrite. Pearl and moonshine is generally white with other colors highlighting it. Alexandrite usually is lavender covering many colors even dark green.

Darlene sent us a kit that had dsp papers and images from the Prism kit from Club Scrap along with ribbons, rhinestones and sequins. After reading all that I had about my birthstone I was really struggling on what color to use for my image. I settled on purple. On my card I used the prism paper for the background of my die cut and with the left over I used it for a panel on the front of the card. I used  purple rhinestones and one of the sentiments cut apart on the front and inside. After i colored the image I fussy cut it out and then mounted it on mounting tape and placed it on the due cut. Inside I used the 2nd half the sentiment. I colored the letters in with a sparkly purple gel pen. Here is my card:


Here is the inside of my card:


 
Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Please take a few minutes to stop by the blogs of the other creative crew members. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs, 
Carol




Comments

Barb said…
Carol--your card is very pretty! I love the layout and the background die behind your gem is perfect! Love this--great layout!
Carol, I love that you did research and found out so much information about your birthstones. Then you set to work making a gorgeous card! Well done!
A beautiful card Carol - I have always known moonstone to be a pale, translucent blue, so that fact that it is also white was new to me.
Blessings
Maxine
:: BlueInks :: said…
That little doily cut out is jus the perfect thing for the background. Great job, Carol!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Wow, what a layout! I just love it! That die cut is perfect and the coloring of the gem is lovely. You did a great job with the theme. I like how you sparkled up the "Sparkle" sentiment!
Lorraine said…
Such a nice card - good job!