older posts

Show more

Double Duty February 2023

 



Hi all. Yesterday was the day were supposed to have our cards posted. I however had the flu and was down for the count. It was a perfect day to work on cards too as it was snowing like crazy a hood day to be inside and playing with stamps. As you know our challenge is to make two cards with two of at least one of the same items on both cards. This month we were to just use a sentiment on the front of the card no stamps. On my cards I used two different sentiments from a Tim Holtz stamp set.




While I was baby sitting the grandkids I asked them if they wanted to do a trick with color crayons. They were excited and so we used one of the color crayon techniques I had found on you tube and made two bases. We weren't really impressed with the way they turned but I used a couple different die cuts on these bases and then layered the sentiments on the cards. Both cards use the same layout and the same colors. Here are my cards:


I hope you like my cards. If you have a chance please take some time to visit the other double duty blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol


Comments

What a great way to use the crayon backgrounds Carol, and a delightful pair of cards - well done. The dark blue card accents certainly ground the die cut backgrounds and appear to 'quieten' them a wee bit so that they 'work' so well..
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, I'm sorry you had a bout of flu. Take care of yourself. These cards are such fun, especially since you created the backgrounds with the grands. Well done x 2!
Barb said…
What sweet cards, with memories of making them with your grands! Fun sentiment too!