older posts

Show more

Creative Crew April 2023 "The Zoo"

Hi all, today Is the day we post our cards for the creative crew. This month was my month to send kits. I searched the unusual holidays for the month of April. April 8th is National Zoo day so I decided to use this as my theme for my kit. I have always loved the stamp "African Queen" by Artful Stampers". I found dsp on Amazon that had real life looking animal prints for the kit as well as some misc plain dsp from Hobby Lobby. Some misc ribbon from my stash as well as some flat brands from Gina Marie. 

I chose to use black paper as the base of my card. I used the giraffe print to layer onto the base card.I cut the plain paper in layers with a nesting die cut. I placed some leaves randomly around the image (I had die cut and sent with the kit).I put the brown velvet ribbon on the bottom of the card and wrapped some of the sheer ribbon around it and placed brads on the top of the sheer ribbon to add some interest. I also added eyelashes to the giraffe's eyes (these are hard to see in the photo).

Along with the kit I asked the other members to tell what their favorite zoo animal. As you can see I really like the giraffe's they are so tall and graceful. It amazes me that they are so oddly built and yet are able to move around with such grace and not fall on their face.

Here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping g by my blog, I really appreciate it. If you have a chance please stop by the other Creative Crew blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol



Comments

What a stunning card Carol - love the giraffe image and how you have framed it - your ribbon treatment is so unusual and striking. Overall a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine
Carol, your card is a beauty! I love the giraffe and the overall design. Your ribbon treatment is so creative and fun!
Darlene LeTavec said…
This card is stunning! I love that the whole background panel is that wonderful giraffe paper! Thank you for such a fun and unique kit this month. I just love it and love seeing what everyone has created.
Barb said…
Carol--Thank you for such a fun kit to play with! And, your card is so dang cute. I really like to ovals that highlight the sweet image. Well Done my Friend!
aussie aNNie said…
Lovely creative and awesome post.. A wonderful design with a great background and a perfect sentiment as well!