older posts

Show more

Double duty April 2023

 

                                              


Hi all, today is official posting day for the double duty crew. The idea of this challenge is to make 2 cards using the same image but the cards should be able to be used for 2 different purposes. Also, the cards must have 2 of the same item used on both of them ex. Both cards using same layout same dsp etc.....you get the idea. The company that was chosen for this month is "Pink Fresh". 

The sweet set I used was " Be Strong".  I don't have a ton of Pink Fresh but I'm building up my collection. I think this set is pretty and soft so I chose to color it with shades of purple. On one card I used a full die cut for the background and layered a main focal point of Stacking dies with a thin foam tape. I took all the pieces of the flowers one laid them out using both layers as  backdrop. I then took a tissue border and attached it to the bottom of the card. I used white half pearls to accent the flowers on the border. On the second card I put an embossed layer down on top of the base. I then cut out an oval and layered the flowers onto the oval. I used white half pearls to finish off the card. I used white bases, half pearls, purple colored pencils and brown stickers on the insides of the flowers on both cards. Here are my cards:

.


Either card could be used for several occasions.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I do really appreciate it. Please stop by the other double duty blogs. I. Sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

Darlene LeTavec said…
Wow!! Both cards are so beautiful! The backgrounds are as beautiful as the coloring on the die cut flowers. Very nicely done!
Carol these are both stunning cards - love the colouring on the delicate blooms, and the way you have used them over a white on white layered background is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine
R's Rue said…
So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Carol, these cards look fabulous! Such pretty flowers and the white really makes them the focal point. Beautifully done!