older posts

Show more

Hot mess=success April 2023

 

Hi all. Today is the day to reveal our hot mess cards. I tried a new to me technique and almost had it aced and then I tried to attach it to my card base. By the time I figured it out ( I had to use glue) I needed to let it dry before I could take a photo. I did take the card to my daughters but it was gymnastics day so was gone in the morning and really busy this afternoon. So here I am.

I used not quite navy for the base of my card. I colored the free digital precious moments cowboy image I found online. The technique I used was a faux leather I found Here. The technique itself went well for the first time using it. The problem came into play when I tried to attach the leather piece of paper. First I tried a glue gun but that just pull the top layer of paper off. The glycerin was dry but the oil didn't work well with mounting tape either. I then resorted to a multi purpose glue. I put it on thicker and let it dry overnight and Walla it stayed on. I found cowboy stickers and added a couple on the card to make it more of a cowboy card. Here is my card:

Here is the inside:


Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. Please take a few minutes to stop by the other mess=success blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed by their creations.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 


Comments

Carol this is a wonderful technique - the end result was well worth the effort involved in adhering the faux leather layer! A great card as a result
Blessings
Maxine
Oh my goodness... this is sooooo sweet and that technique looks fabulous. I'm so glad you kept trying until you could get it attached because it really is a fantastic card!