older posts

Show more

Creative Crew Sept 2023 challenge


 Hi all. First of all I'm late to the party and I need to apologize to our hostess Jeanette. Jeanette sent us a very unique challenge for this month. She sent us all a die to use but not as a die. I got Your Next Stamps wonky edged die. We could use any of our own supplies as long as we used the die not in the usual way it would be used. This was quite the challenge for me and I hope I did it right.  At first I cut the die on one side and tried to match the cuts up to make a large circle border. It didn't work the way I had hoped so I adapted it. I took the lopsided piece of paper and used it to sponge clouds on the stamping up image "Coffee and Friends". I used basic black as the base and the DSP is  an old one from stamping up. I used a stitched die to cut out the image and attached it to a black piece of paper, since the next die was too big for the area I fussy cut a border around the image and mounted the whole thing with mounting tape.to finish up the card I used lavender rhinestones from Wal-Mart and placed them randomly on the card. ( something I really need more practice with). 


Here is my card:







Thank you got stopping by I really do appreciate it. If you have a chance please stop by the other creative crew blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed.


Until next time,

Hugs.

Carol

Comments

Well done Carol - love your use of the die cut as a stencil, that is so innovative! And a gorgeous card is the result
Blessings
Maxine
aussie aNNie said…
Love your colours, a very pretty card with that image coloured beautifully x
Carol, your card looks great - and no, you didn't mess up. ;) I love your clouds! Thank you for taking on this challenge so well!