older posts

Show more

Hot mess = Success.....Sept 2023

 Hi all, I'm here and hoping to be on track again. It has been a busy summer. Today's card is definitely a labor of messes and reworks. I decided to try my hand at the watercolor lift again.....and again it didn't work😏. I started out with a watercolor wash of blue purple and white. I applied it to a piece of water color paper and it was dark which I was going for, however it got a little overworked in the middle. I then did another sheet of watercolor paper only this came out lighter. I used a new to me background stamp and applied a light misting of water to the stamp and laid it on the first paper. Pressed down well and lifted the stamp. It made an image on the paper but not evenly so I set that piece to the side. Again I tried the same process as above but the paper was more evenly colored. Once it dried I wasn't pleased with how the image came out so I stamped the background in black on the paper. Of course it needed something more (like a blue/silver glitter). I applied the glitter and then took the discarded sheet of watercolor paper and cut out the word hugs. I mounted this on black,  and fussy cut around it. I then mounted the words on mounting tape on the front of the card. On the inside I stamped a sentiment ( crooked of course) and added a little flower. Will redo the inside before sending it. Here is my card both inside and out.








Thank you for stopping by I really appreciate it. Please stop by the other Success blogs, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,

Hugs,

Carol






Comments

Carol, your Hot Mess card is so sweet. Very pretty, too! I love the fuzzies sentiment!
What a fabulous outcome Carol - even if it was not what you have hoped for. Your 'save' was inspired and the end result beautiful - even the sentiment is fascinating, as though it was intentional
Blessings
Maxine
Barb said…
What a fun card. I love the colors you picked!