older posts

Show more

DDD May 2020 Bargain Hunters

Hi all welcome to our May duel. This month our lovely hostesses are Jeanette for the Dazzlers and our own Kelly for the Divas. These gals started this duel and we have been having fun every since. The theme this month was "bargain hunters" and I must say Kelly found some cute bargains to send us. Our kit included:

Image: Hey Gnomie by Pink and Main
DSP: from Photo Play
gnome ribbon and brads from eyelet outlet
Little clouds cut from Lawn Fawn dies
and more

I loved the image as soon as I opened the package I started coloring right away. I colored one of the cut out dies of the gnome as well as a mushroom and tree. (I colored more of the images as well but chose to use the gnome mushroom house and small mushroom) I then started hunting for a layout I thought might work with this awesome image. I found on the splitcoast challenges SC328. I thought it was perfect for the kit Kelly sent. I was able to use 4 of the designer papers and I was a happy girl.
I used basic black as the base and layered from there. I also used the clouds and my die cut mushroom home to finish off the front. Here is my card:

I definitely need lessons in photography. On the inside of my card I used the back of one of the front dsp and layered it on a black strip to complete my card. Here is the inside:



As you can see my shoulder cast a shadow on both pictures and of course I didn't see it as the sun was so bright. I'll keep working on it. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do appreciate it. If you have some time please stop and see the cards from the rest ot the duelers I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol

Comments

Carol, I can see that there is GNOME way at all not to love your card - because it is absolutely cute Cute CUTE! Love the many layers, and of course the gnome! Adorable!
terry serman said…
Cute! I like the way you layered the dp!
Shelly Schmidt said…
This is so adorable! Love your gnome kit and your fun card! Great use of the kit- and love the way you added the sentiment!
Barb said…
I think your card is so sweet Carol. Great Color choices and I love the layout you used too!
Lots of fun on this card. Cute colour combination you used. The mushroom on the die cut is a lovely touch.
MiamiKel said…
How adorable, Carol! You colored him up to perfection and the bright blue is a fun color! I love that you used so many papers and did so wish a SHINE! This is so whimsical and cheerful and just made me smile - bravo, sweet friend!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Oh Carol, how nice! You were smart to choose that layout to show off the papers in the kit. I really like it! Nicely accented on the inside panel too. Love it!
Suzy Sprague said…
Adorable card, Carol! Great layout to show all the paper in the kit. The black really makes it all pop!
aussie aNNie said…
Looks great Carol, lovely papers. It is very hard to photograph cards and after all these years I still have problems at times.xx
Judy McMullen said…
Carol, your card is darling! Love how you used so much of the dsp in all those panels! Terrific!!!