older posts

Show more

Sippin soda with a straw

I have a friend who is celebrated her birthday in February and I was sick over her birthday. She then left for Arizona and I haven't seen her yet. We are finally meeting up this week and I made this card for her. I saw  The Paper Shelter stamps originally on Aussie Annie's blog and fell in love with them. This one reminded me of my mom (who passed 16 years ago). She used to sing with us and to us and we learned a lot of fun little ditties. One of them was sippin cider from a straw.

I used a joy fold card layout to highlight his cute, cute image. I colored the image with colored pencils and used dsp scraps from my large paper stash. I also used a nuvo glitter pen on the soda glass to make it appear more like a glass, a silver gel pen for the chair base and I sued a black button with a red dot in the middle to make it look like a record that holds the flap of the image layer down.

I had fun with this image and trying to make the card look retro.

Here is my card.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.

Until next time,
Hugs, 
Carol 




Comments

aussie aNNie said…
What a lovely card and design Carol, thanks for the plug and glad you love these images, I do too...hugs.x
What a brilliant job you have done with one of our images. I am sure your friend will be delighted to receive it!

Thanks for joining in our Embellishments challenge - good luck! Hugs Susan, The Paper Shelter Challenge