older posts

Show more

Classy Card Ladies April Challenge "Card Sketch"

Hi all I'm slow on the draw today I had planned on scheduling this to post today and got way laid, now I'm a tad late. It has been a bit crazy in this part of MN. We are about 8 miles from the current protesting  area and getting all kinds of texts from the police stations in the surrounding areas at all times of the day and night. It is good to know but hard to sleep. 

Today our challenge is hosted by Darlene for the Pearls and LJ for the Diamonds.. They chose to send a kit  with their own style stamps and they chose a sketch they wanted us to follow. LJ sent my kit and here is what she said:

Now for the details

Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches: Tuesday Morning Sketches #592 (this is a sketch from last year and was a favorite for 2021 - #592 is the favorite sketch)
Stamps: Tim Holtz (new 2021 spring collection) - Stamped with GIna K Amalgam Back Ink on Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Paper: Origins (Basic Grey 6X6 pad - I hoarded this for years and decided to share one of my favorite collections with you - just love all the earthy colors)
Ribbon: Stampin Up
Twine: JoAnn Crafts
Other Embellishments: From my stash

Thank you LJ for the wonderful kit. I loved it and made two cards as I couldn't decide which color I liked best. On both cards I used a black background. The insides of both are both the same as well only using different scraps of DSP.  On my first card I colored the flower with copics B60 and B63 making a lavender color. On the white mounting paper behind the flower I sponged a lilac color with Tim Holtz distressed inks. I then ran the paper through an embossing folder. I tied the green bias tape into a bow and added it to the stem. I used the green flat brads as the embellishment above the strips of dsp. On both cards the flower is fussy cut and mounted on the stem with mounting tape.

Here is my 1st card:

 Here is the inside:



My second card is yellow with a pink lightly added on the flower and the background is sponged with pink and yellow distressed ink. I wrapped the twine around the flower image and used the yellow flat brads otherwise both cards are basically the same




Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I do appreciate it. Please stop by the other Classy Lady blogs and see their creations I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Carol 

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your flowers : ) The embossing on the first makes a wonderful backdrop- both cards fabulous! Great and fun duel using a sketch!
Darlene LeTavec said…
Carol both cards are so very pretty and creative! The extra steps you did to color & emboss the background panel in card #1 is really nice. And the colors used for card #2 go together perfectly. Fussy cutting that image would be a challenge, but yours look perfect!
Carol, both of your cards are beauties! So many nice touches, like the embossing and fussy cutting.
Suzy Sprague said…
Both cards are fantastic! The first card has his wonderful embossed background....Great idea! The 2nd card looks great with all the matching paper.
aussie aNNie said…
Brilliant cards, great designs and gorgeous result....xx
Donna said…
Carol, gorgeous cards. You really nailed the sketch. That was a favorite sketch of mine too at TMS. What a novel idea for a kit. Great job!
Very cute card. You received a nice kit and turned it into a beauty. I love the little pom poms. Believe it or not, before I clicked on this sketch I recognized it. I either saw it on line or Pintrest.
Tracie said…
Love your cards. I really like how you used the embossing folder as a background. Great take on the challenge.